Lightning is the UK’s most significant physical network expansion in over a decade, delivering broadband to 3 million more homes in 3-5 years. In a highly competitive market, the leadership team needed to:
- Know how to expand and outperform the market
- Take action to build a more efficient workforce
- Gain greater control over people and productivity
This ambitious plan required a new way of thinking and taking workforce decisions.
Using Virgin Media’s existing people and business data, we applied our People Profit Management® approach with Virgin Media’s Customer and People Insight teams to rapidly identify £7-8m of achievable efficiency opportunities through:
- Driving a 50% reduction in absence in key customer facing areas – with £1m of cost avoidance already achieved during 2015
- Reducing staff turnover by 10-20% through multiple actions across the employee lifecycle
- Consolidating up to 30% of expensive overtime costs into normal ‘full-time’ working hours
The project reinforced the value of People Insight to Virgin Media, and has led to an expanded remit to deliver similar insight for other significant business challenges.
£7-8m of achievable efficiencies
50% reduction in absence in key customer facing areas
Staff turnover reduced by up to 20%