What we do:
At Simply Get Results we help our clients improve their financial performance through data analytics. We do this by analysing the relationship between data on their people and their business and financial data. Our algorithms and experience of what has worked before helps to inform the actions our clients can take to reduce cost, accelerate growth and optimise change.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Data Analyst to help us continue our development as well as extend and scale our platform. You will work alongside leaders and innovators in human capital analytics in a diverse and fast-paced start-up environment right in the heart of London. The ideal candidate is practical, willing to learn fast, and interested in how big businesses (i.e. our clients) really work. We’re a small, fast-moving, high-growth tech/analytics start-up. We need people who can work independently and pro-actively, take on responsibility as well as think, act and learn fast, so as part of the team you’ll be very hands on. We’re also flexible with working hours.
How the role fits in:
As a data analyst you will collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. You’ll cleanse, extract and aggregating data from client systems, conduct a range of analysis, and present insights to colleagues and clients. You will support delivery of our insight service to clients, and help us improve our core data model and visualisation tools. You’ll work on Excel, occasionally in our database (SAP HANA) and visualisation toolset (SAP Analytics Cloud; similar to QlikSense/Tableau)
Typical activities include:
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of colleagues and clients, including recommendations on how they can improve business performance
Your background and experience:
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data visualisation or simulation tools an advantage (QlikeView, SAS, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc)
- Experience in database design and configuration an advantage (but not required)
- Comfortable working with data at fast pace, and from multiple sources (e.g. people, finance, operational, customer)
- A real interest in, and some knowledge of, statistical analysis and data science (don’t need a Phd!)
- Enjoy logical and creative thinking (e.g. systems thinking)
- Ability to work independently and to take accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
How To Apply:
We would like you to answer 3 questions:
- How do you think data on the people that work in a company can be used to drive improved business performance?
- What’s your ideal role if you join us?
- What can you apply from your current experience that’s going to make you a next level member of the team?
If you like the sound of this then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com