What we do:
At Simply Get Results we help our clients improve their financial performance through data analytics. We do this by analysing the relationship between data on their people and their business and financial data. Our algorithms and experience of what has worked before helps to inform the actions our clients can take to reduce cost, accelerate growth and optimise change.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and help develop solutions to client and industry-wide problems. You will work alongside leaders and innovators in human capital analytics in a diverse and fast-paced start-up environment right in the heart of London. The ideal candidate is practical, willing to learn fast, and interested in how big businesses (i.e. our clients) really work. We’re a small, fast-moving, high-growth tech/analytics start-up. We need people who can work independently and pro-actively, take on responsibility as well as think, act and learn fast, so as part of the team you’ll be very hands on.
How the role fits in:
The Data Scientist role will be accountable for:
- Client and business problem solving: Use data science tools and techniques to develop proof-of-concept and production tools and approaches for use in client situations. Ensure we build from our Core Data Model, developing practical solutions to new client or industry-wide challenges. This will typically occur during the pre-sales or early problem-solving stage of working with a new client.
- Design and build advanced analytics and machine learning tools: Lead the innovation, design and application of advanced data analysis approaches, generating value for clients and enhancing our team’s ability to deliver at scale.
- Refining our Core Data Model and algorithms: Own a key part of our core intellectual property, including the design of our conceptual data model, underlying data fields and calculations, as an input to our Technology platform.
Typical activities include:
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Design, build and test advanced analytical functionality and incorporate tools into the Simply approach/ methodology
- Regular review and enhancement of Simply’s Core Data Model and algorithms, engaging the client-facing teams to incorporate latest solutions into core data model and underlying database
- Train team and partners on new tools and how to use/ exploit new tool sets
Your background and experience:
- Enjoy logical and creative thinking (i.e. systems thinking)
- Strong interest and knowledge of approaches and tools/languages to deliver statistical analysis, advanced analytics and machine learning principles (e.g. SPSS, R, Python)
- Ability to work independently and to take accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
How To Apply:
We would like you to answer 3 questions:
- How do you think data on the people that work in a company can be used to drive improved business performance?
- What’s your ideal role if you join us?
- What can you apply from your current experience that’s going to make you a next level member of the team?
If you like the sound of this then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com